Coaching & Mentoring Skills
If you need to get better at sharing your expertise or helping others succeed, this one day coaching and mentoring skills workshop is for you. It looks at the differences between coaching and mentoring, shows how to think and act like a natural coach and provides you with practical tools for a range of developmental conversations – whether long term, one off opportunities or those that happen in the moment.
This course covers
- The growth mindset
- Coaching and mentoring - the powers and the perils
- How organisations are using coaching & mentoring
- Beginnings are crucial – the first meeting
- Tools for conversations
- 7 key skills – the power of listening
- Questions not answers – getting people to think for themselves
- Using the power of positive feedback
- 4 step tool for coaching conversations
- Telling versus coaching and when to do which
- Mentoring - 5 step tool for sharing expertise
You will have the chance to discuss some of the issues you strike when coaching or mentoring at work and walk away with simple tools that will make a big difference to both your confidence and effectiveness in the role. The workshop comes with a comprehensive manual and resources.
Public Course & Event Payment Terms
An invoice will be sent when you register for any course or event. All fees must be paid in full to attend.
A 2.5% surcharge applies for payment by credit card.